Migate Abroad  

Suite 153
33 Parkway
Registered No: 08238840

+44 0203-701-0318







OUR PARTNERS             



USA Immigration - E-2 Treaty Investors


The E-2 non-immigrant allows a national of a treaty country (a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation) to be admitted to the United States when investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business.

Terms and Conditions of E-2 Status

A treaty investor or employee may only work in the activity for which he or she was approved at the time the classification was granted. An E-2 employee, however, may also work for the treaty organization’s parent company or one of its subsidiaries as long as the:

  • Relationship between the organizations is established
  • Subsidiary employment requires executive, supervisory, or essential skills
  • Terms and conditions of employment have not otherwise changed

General Qualifications of a Treaty Investor

To qualify for E-2 classification, the treaty investor must:

  • Be a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation
  • Have invested, or be actively in the process of investing, a substantial amount of capital in a bona fide enterprise in the United States
  • Be seeking to enter the United States solely to develop and direct the investment enterprise. This is established by showing at least 50% ownership of the enterprise or possession of operational control through a managerial position or other corporate device.

How to Obtain E-2 Classification if Outside the United States

If you are interested in applying for an E2 Investor visa then please contact our U.S department and ask to speak with one of our U.S Business Specialist. Please bear in mind that even though there are no set minimum investment requirement, Migrate Abroad ONLY considers applications where an investor can afford invest a minimum of $50,000 US$ into an existing business, setting up a new business or purchasing a business. This is because the higher the amount an individual can invest the higher their chances are of being successful.

Period of Stay

Qualified treaty investors and employees will be allowed a maximum initial stay of two years. Requests for extension of stay may be granted in increments of up to two years each. There is no maximum limit to the number of extensions an E-2 non-immigrant may be granted. All E-2 non-immigrant's, however, must maintain an intention to depart the United States when their status expires or is terminated.


If you are the spouse of an E2 Investor/Employee you may accompany your spouse as well as included any unmarried children who are under 21 years of age. Their nationalities need not be the same as the treaty investor or employee. These family members may seek E-2 non-immigrant classification as dependents and, if approved, generally will be granted the same period of stay as the employee. Spouses of E-2 workers may apply for work authorization by filing Form I-765 with fee. If approved, there is no specific restriction as to where the E-2 spouse may work.

E2 visa applications are complicated to say the least and very time consuming. There are several stages involved in lodging a successful E2 application and our expert U.S immigration team knows all about the process and procedures. They have dedicated years of professional training to such cases and work around the clock with our clients in ensuring that every possible area is thoroughly covered as we don’t leave anything to chance.


Bookmark and Share





Migrate Abroad Ltd
Suite 153
33 Parkway
United Kingdom
Registered No: 08238840

+44 (0)203-701-0318
Registered office :

2013 Migrate Abroad Ltd. All rights reserved